Simsol Support has Moved

Simsol's Support Center has Moved

Simsol Support is excited to introduce the new Simsol Support Center. The new Support Center provides all users of Simsol with free searchable guides and tutorials of various components of Simsol Products, a Community Forum and a place to submit tickets to our team. This portal will be updated continuously with self-help articles and solutions to trending issues users face. Check it out by going to simsolsoftware.freshdesk.com!

Read our Blog Post

How Do I Transfer Simsol to a New Computer?

Bob Deyo

30 Dec, 2016 03:19 PM

I have a new computer and want to utilize SIMSOL on that one. Do I first archive everything off my old computer? How do I set it up on my new computer? I will no longer be using my old computer for work

Thanks, Bob

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris on 30 Dec, 2016 03:39 PM

Bob,

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. I will both outline the steps of the transfer process and provide a link to our video tutorial of the transfer process below.

YouTube video tutorial here: Transferring Simsol to a New Computer

Simsol Transfer Process:

1) First, you'll need to deactivate your current license. It appears that you currently utilize a corporate or discounted license (register via phone) which means you'll need to contact our Registration department at 800.447.4676 to deactivate this license. Unfortunately, our offices are closed until Tuesday and Registration will not be available to assist with this process until then.

2) Locate and copy your current Simsol folder from the deactivated machine (located on the local C: drive, "C:\Simsol") to your backup media device (external hard drive, thumb drive etc.), then

3) Copy and paste this Simsol folder directly to the C: drive of the new computer (Remember to disconnect any backup drive(s) containing Simsol data once this transfer has successfully completed), then

4) Once the Simsol folder has been successfully transferred, download and run the Simsol 7.0 Upgrade (7.0.8.4) from the downloads section of the MySimsol (my.simsol.com) service, then

5) Once the update has completed, open Simsol, then

6) Finally, contact registration again at 800.447.4676 to re-activate your Simsol license.

If you have any further questions or need help with any of these steps, please feel free to contact Simsol Software Support at 800.447.4676.

Happy New Year.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. 2 Posted by Robert Deyo on 30 Dec, 2016 03:42 PM

Thanks, Ron

Happy New Year to you as well

Robert A Deyo, Jr
    Executive General Adjuster
    Fort Orange Claim Service, Inc.
    [FOCUS-Orange_logo]<http://www.focusadjusters.com/>
    PO Box 447
    635 Plank Road
    Clifton Park, New York 12065
    p: (800) 734-2102
    f: (888) 667-7292
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>
    www.FOCUSAdjusters.com<http://www.focusadjusters.com/>

We at FOCUS are committed to providing an outstanding customer experience, every time. If you feel you are not receiving the service you need, please e-mail [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>, and the appropriate team manager will address your concerns right away.

3. Chelsea closed this discussion on 03 Jan, 2017 06:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac