When I try to Archive an SFZ file it only goes to 43-47% then crashes

Ronnie Medlock

18 Oct, 2017 12:27 AM

When I try to archive an SFZ file for a file it says Archive SFZ not responding and closes the archive.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chelsea on 18 Oct, 2017 02:03 AM

Hello Ronnie,

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. While our offices are closed, I'll do my best to assist you tonight. We'll need to do some troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this, do you mind answering a few questions for me?

1. How many claims are you archiving at once?
    2. Is this claim file a large one (i.e. lots of attachments and photos)?
    3. Have you been able to archive on this computer before?
    4. Are you able to archive any other claim files on your system?
    5. When you're saving this archive, are you saving it to your computer or to an external drive and what are you naming this file?

I'm sure we'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Kind Regards,
    Chelsea Balderson
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. 2 Posted by Ronnie Medlock on 18 Oct, 2017 02:19 AM

It’s a relatively small claim file. The final report to upload is only 8mb, however, it says the SFZ file is 267mb so I’m not sure what it’s trying to include in the SFZ file besides the final.

3. 3 Posted by Ronnie Medlock on 18 Oct, 2017 02:22 AM

And yes, I have archived many files on this computer before, and I’m saving the SFZ file to a dropbox folder on my computer.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Chelsea on 18 Oct, 2017 02:29 AM

Ronnie,

When archiving, you're saving the entire claim file - not just the Final Report. With that large of a file, did you perhaps load in a lot of photos/attachments/diagrams and then delete them at all? Regardless, try following the steps below to see if this helps:

1. Open up your claim and navigate to your Reports section
    2. Right click on 'Reports' in your Claim Enclosures and select 'Pack'
    3. Hit 'Ok' in the dialog box
    4. Repeat 1-3 for Forms, Sketches/Diagrams, Digital Photos, Attachments, and Notebooks.

Once this has been done, try archiving the file with a different name than the one you've been giving it to archive - try also saving directly to your computer rather than straight to DropBox. Let me know your results, or if you have any troubles with this process.

Kind Regards,
    Chelsea Balderson
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

5. 5 Posted by Ronnie Medlock on 18 Oct, 2017 03:10 AM

Yes, That worked! Thank you! I will keep this for future reference should this happen again.

6. Doug closed this discussion on 18 Oct, 2017 01:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac