Archive Opening as a Text File

Allyson Clark

08 Feb, 2018 03:17 PM

Simsol claim info attached to email of new claim assignment is set to open in .txt file format on new claim instead of .sfz format. How do I change the file extension on the attachment so the data will import into Simsol? Cannot email the file, due to company policy for claim info confidentiality.
Thanks,
Allyson Clark

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Patrick on 08 Feb, 2018 04:18 PM

Allyson,
    Unfortunately the file sounds as if it was created improperly and I doubt changing the file format to SFZ will correct this. You may need to ask the person who sent you the file to resend it. However, I will walk you through the process of checking the file format just in case.

In order to check the file format, first locate the file on your machine. Left click the file once to highlight it, then right click on the file. This will bring up a pop up menu. In that pop up menu, select the Properties option (usually the last option in the list). In the properties window you will see the field called 'Type of File'. This field will display the file type and extension. If the file extension reads as anything other than 'SFZLP Document' or '.SFZ' you'll need to have the file resent.

If you have any question or need any help please feel free to contact us at 1-800-447-4676, ext 500.

Regards,
    Patrick M.
    Simsol Tech Support
    (800)447-4676

LEGAL: It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on these sites. Simsol assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly any action or inaction you take based on or made in reliance on the information, services, or material on any of Simsol websites or resources.

2. System closed this discussion on 15 Feb, 2018 04:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac