Simsol Support has Moved

Simsol's Support Center has Moved

Simsol Support is excited to introduce the new Simsol Support Center. The new Support Center provides all users of Simsol with free searchable guides and tutorials of various components of Simsol Products, a Community Forum and a place to submit tickets to our team. This portal will be updated continuously with self-help articles and solutions to trending issues users face. Check it out by going to simsolsoftware.freshdesk.com!

Read our Blog Post

Problems Uploading\Downloading to ClaimsWire After Switching ISP's

David Goodwin

14 Aug, 2015 04:37 PM

I've just had to change my internet company and since the installation CW will not connect to the internet for me to upload and import claims. How do I fix this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris on 14 Aug, 2015 04:53 PM

David,

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. Changing internet service providers (ISP) shouldn't, in theory, have any bearing on the ClaimsWire upload and download functionalities. However, it is possible that something with the new provider (possibly hardware) could be an issue.

Are you receiving any error messages that may shed some light on the matter?

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. 2 Posted by David Goodwin on 14 Aug, 2015 05:01 PM

No there are no error messages it just says that it can't connect to the internet and has a red X on the CW tool on my taskbar.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Chris on 14 Aug, 2015 05:03 PM

David,

Thank you. Are you able to access www.claimswire.com from your web browser of choice?

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

4. 4 Posted by David Goodwin on 14 Aug, 2015 05:21 PM

Yes I can.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Chris on 14 Aug, 2015 05:30 PM

David,

That is quite peculiar then as the ClaimsWire tool accesses the same services as the website. Out of curiosity, when the ISP was switched, did any new protection software get installed on your machine? Some ISP's offer software suites for "added protection". It may be possible that something is blocking the EXE from accessing the web.

If you'd like to do some troubleshooting on this, I'd recommend contacting our Support staff by phone at your convenience. It would be nice to do a GoToMeeting possibly and get a first-hand account of what is transpiring there. You can reach us at 800-447-4676 between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

6. 6 Posted by David Goodwin on 14 Aug, 2015 05:32 PM

I went to claimswire.com and it is showing the claims I need to accept. ut when I click on accept it says that i won't be able to use SFA to do the estimate. SFA is my Simsol program isn't it?

7. 7 Posted by Diane on 14 Aug, 2015 05:53 PM

David,

Ron has stepped out of the office for a moment, but I'll be glad to assist you. When you accept the claims on Claimswire.com they do not import into your program. You will need to reset those claims and import them through the Claimswire import tool. If you are having issues accessing and/or using the Claimswire import tool please feel free to give us a call so that we may assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

Thank you,
    Diane Ladd
    Simsol Tech Support
    1.800.447.4676 x500
    M-F 9am-5:30pm EST

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEB SITES OR RESOURCES.

8. System closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2015 06:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac