Simsol Support has Moved

Simsol's Support Center has Moved

Simsol Support is excited to introduce the new Simsol Support Center. The new Support Center provides all users of Simsol with free searchable guides and tutorials of various components of Simsol Products, a Community Forum and a place to submit tickets to our team. This portal will be updated continuously with self-help articles and solutions to trending issues users face. Check it out by going to simsolsoftware.freshdesk.com!

Read our Blog Post

Simsol Update Utility Missing

Leo Stillmock

29 Apr, 2016 02:28 PM

I have been getting this error the last few days. It won't let me update anything.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris on 29 Apr, 2016 02:39 PM

Leo,

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. If the system is reporting that the update utility is missing the only way to replace that would probably be via a manual download of the Simsol program.

You can acquire the Simsol 7 program update from the Downloads section of our MySimsol service at my.simsol.com. Since you already have a copy of the Simsol program, be sure and download the Simsol 7.0 Upgrade (simsol7.0update.exe) and not the full installation.

You'll want to ensure that all Simsol related processes are closed prior to running the installation. Once the program has been installed, check the status of the automatic updater to see if this resolved your issue.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance with this issue.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. 2 Posted by leo.stillmock on 29 Apr, 2016 04:47 PM

Yes that seemed to help thank you. Im having some issues with changing
    things in simsol. I am seeing if my adjusting friend is free and can help
    before I ask someone else.

Go paperless and save a tree!!!

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
    use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
    strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
    the sender and delete all copies of it from your system. Please note that
    the sender accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your
    responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

Notice: this e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the electronic
    communications privacy act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be
    legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
    notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
    communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
    have received the message in error, and then delete it.

----------------------------------------
    Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 11:11 AM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Simsol Update Utility Missing [Questions for Simsol Support
    #4574]

3. 3 Posted by leo.stillmock on 30 Apr, 2016 04:46 PM

Well that error came back.  Im at a loss a to whats causing that.  Unless its my vipre virus detector.  Any advice

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.
    -------- Original message --------From: Ron <[email blocked]> Date: 4/29/16 9:39 AM (GMT-06:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Simsol Update Utility Missing [Questions for Simsol Support #4574]

4. 4 Posted by leo.stillmock on 30 Apr, 2016 05:11 PM

When i install the update it says the signature is corrupt.

-------- Original message --------From: Ron <[email blocked]> Date: 4/29/16 9:39 AM (GMT-06:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Simsol Update Utility Missing [Questions for Simsol Support #4574]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Chris on 30 Apr, 2016 05:28 PM

Leo,

Keep in mind that our offices are not open on the weekend so it may take time for me to reply.

Yes, most likely the missing updater issue is in fact linked to your anti-virus program as we've seen this in the past. You may need to figure out how to exclude the Simsol folder on the C: drive from the anti-virus quarantine process. At the very least adding the Simsol EXE files to the exclusion list.

Fortunately the missing updater shouldn't impede the operation of your day-to-day work within Simsol only the automatic update function and we do not presently have any new updates at this time.

As for the message you're receiving while trying to download the update from the web, this is due to an Internet Explorer security update not recognizing our current digital signature. You can bypass this simply by clicking the 'View Downloads' option from the lower right corner (usually in a red bar), locate the simsol7.0upgrade.exe file, right-click this download and select 'Run anyway'.

I've attached a screenshot to this reply which illustrates this process.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

6. 6 Posted by leo.stillmock on 30 Apr, 2016 06:07 PM

Thanks

-------- Original message --------From: Ron <[email blocked]> Date: 4/30/16 12:28 PM (GMT-06:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Simsol Update Utility Missing [Problems, Error Messages & Bugs #660]

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Chris on 30 Apr, 2016 06:14 PM

Leo,

No problem. If you continue to experience issues with the updater and aren't able to resolve it, give my support staff a call during normal business hours and we'll setup a GoToMeeting session to do some digging around on the system.

Just make sure you're at a stable internet connection and have some time for us and we'll do our best to help you out.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

8. 8 Posted by leo.stillmock on 30 Apr, 2016 06:31 PM

Ok i will do that when i get back home on my own internet.

-------- Original message --------From: Ron <[email blocked]> Date: 4/30/16 1:14 PM (GMT-06:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Simsol Update Utility Missing [Problems, Error Messages & Bugs #660]

9. Chris closed this discussion on 06 May, 2016 08:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac