Simsol Support has Moved

Simsol's Support Center has Moved

Simsol Support is excited to introduce the new Simsol Support Center. The new Support Center provides all users of Simsol with free searchable guides and tutorials of various components of Simsol Products, a Community Forum and a place to submit tickets to our team. This portal will be updated continuously with self-help articles and solutions to trending issues users face. Check it out by going to simsolsoftware.freshdesk.com!

Read our Blog Post

Firm Date Not Fully Displayed on Printed Prelim Form

John Adams

19 Aug, 2016 02:47 AM

When I enter the Firm date on the Prelim, it will not show the last number, example 9/30/198 instead of 1981

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris on 19 Aug, 2016 12:53 PM

John,

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. With this issue, do you notice this while in the Form itself or do you only notice this when printing to a PDF? Additionally, does this occur on a Print Preview?

We've noted several cases of this in the past but, in each case, the issue was due to the user having a 3rd-Party PDF driver (Adobe, PDFFactoryPRO etc.) set as their default printer and printing to this 3rd-Party driver instead on Simsol's own PDF driver. The issue was immediately resolved once the users began using our PDF printer vs. their own. Printing to our PDF driver is the preferred method.

I have attached a copy of a screenshot illustrating the difference in PDF printer selection. Report back to me on this and we'll see if we can get this resolved for you.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. 2 Posted by jaadjust1 on 19 Aug, 2016 01:09 PM

It happens in the preview and when I print, but it literally just started the last few claims

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

3. 3 Posted by jaadjust1 on 19 Aug, 2016 01:17 PM

Tried the simsol pdf same issue

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Chris on 19 Aug, 2016 01:23 PM

John,

Out of curiosity, when you pull up the Report Setup screen which allows you to select Printer, Preview, PDF etc. is the default or 'Selected Printer' listed at the top a physical printer or a software printer\PDF driver?

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

5. 5 Posted by jaadjust1 on 19 Aug, 2016 02:51 PM

Adobe pdf, sorry about response, in between inspections

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Chris on 19 Aug, 2016 03:40 PM

John,

No trouble, understood. When you have time I'd like you to first verify your version number of the Simsol program by navigating to Help>About just to ensure the build you're running.

Afterward, I'd like you to close Simsol completely and then navigate to your Windows Control Panel and locate your Printers. If you have physical printer installed, please set this driver to the default otherwise you can set the Microsoft XPS writer as the default. Afterward, open Simsol and verify the Firm Date again for me.

Let me know if this yields a different result for you.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

7. 7 Posted by jaadjust1 on 20 Aug, 2016 02:00 AM

That seems to have done it, thanks. Any reason why it just started doing that

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Chris on 20 Aug, 2016 02:25 AM

John,

OK, good to know and I'm glad it worked. Because Simsol uses the system's default printer driver to process print and PDF items, sometimes having a PDF driver set as the default printer essentially double processes the PDF output. This is why we have our own PDF printing option embedded and we typically do not see any issues with this process, even if a PDF driver is the default.

As to why it only just started happening, honestly, I would only be speculating but, it could be that something updated with the Adobe PDF driver recently. I say this as most often, Adobe products are set to perform automatic updates in the background, I know mine do.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

9. 9 Posted by jaadjust1 on 20 Aug, 2016 02:59 AM

Makes sense, thanks again for your help

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Chris on 20 Aug, 2016 01:27 PM

John,

No problem. Good luck.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

11. Chris closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2016 01:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac