"Cannot Perform this Operation on an Open Dataset" Error

Chris Beauvais

20 Nov, 2016 02:07 AM

I am trying to start putting in item under Scope of Damage but I get an error, "Cannot perform this operation on an open dataset." What is going on?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris on 20 Nov, 2016 02:36 AM

Chris,
    Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. Unfortunately, our offices are currently closed. However, I will try and assist you as best I can here.

In regards to the message you're receiving, we typically see this when a program or process is attempting to or, is currently, utilizing the same set of data parameters that Simsol is accessing at the time. This is most common in instances where users have live data backup in place (e.g. Carbonite, Mozypro etc.). If this is something you utilize, it may be possible that the service is trying to run and is attempting to access that file at the same time you are. For this instance, we would just temporarily disable to auto-backup or pause the progress.

If this is not the case, you may want to just restart the computer to force all processes and programs to close. This should free up the data set(s).

If you need any additional assistance with this issue, put offices will reopen on Monday at 9:00am EST.

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. System closed this discussion on 27 Nov, 2016 02:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac