Directory In-Use by Earlier Version of Paradox

Fred Davis

29 Dec, 2016 08:13 PM

I am not able to open my Simsol 7 application. I am receiving the following error:

ERROR
Cabinet Database Error
Open Table Name: Boxes.db
Directory in use by earlier version of Paradox.
File or directory does not exist
File: C:\SIMSOL\SFA\DATA\PDOXUSRS.LCK
File: C:\SIMSOL\SFA\DATA\PARADOX.LCK

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chelsea on 29 Dec, 2016 08:19 PM

Fred,

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. It is possible that there may be remnants of a previous Simsol session that is still trying to be loaded into the databases memory. Hopefully, this will be as simple as running a quick utility to resolve. I will outline these steps below.

Before beginning with these steps, please ensure that Simsol is completely closed (any error message screens included). If you're a ClaimsWire or Warehouse subscriber, be sure that these utilities are also closed.

1.) Navigate to Start>All Programs>Simsol Products>DBUtils>Delete Lock and Net Utility. Once this opens, make sure that the C:\ drive is selected in the drop-down menu at the top and then press the 'Start' button at the bottom left. The utility will complete once the start button has returned. From this point, click 'Close' to exit the utility.

(this will search the system for any Paradox lock or net files that should be removed from memory and may be locking certain program files from being accessed.)

2.) From here simply re-open Simsol as normal and see if the error reoccurs.

Please let us know if you need any additional help with this matter, our offices will be open until 5:30PM EST today.

Regards,
    Chelsea B.
    Tech Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. Chelsea closed this discussion on 03 Jan, 2017 03:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac