Simsol Support has Moved

Simsol's Support Center has Moved

Simsol Support is excited to introduce the new Simsol Support Center. The new Support Center provides all users of Simsol with free searchable guides and tutorials of various components of Simsol Products, a Community Forum and a place to submit tickets to our team. This portal will be updated continuously with self-help articles and solutions to trending issues users face. Check it out by going to simsolsoftware.freshdesk.com!

Read our Blog Post

Locating photos and setting depreciation after claim has been written

Pete Juricic

01 Jun, 2017 04:54 PM

Question 1: When I attempt to import my photos from my desktop, Simsol isn't allowing me to locate my desktop folders. How do I do this?

Question 2: When it comes to depreciation... can this be done globally or do I have to go back and do them 1 by 1?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chelsea on 01 Jun, 2017 05:09 PM

Pete,

Thanks for reaching out to Simsol Support. In regards to your photos not finding your desktop, what exactly is occurring when you attempt to find the desktop? Have you previously imported photos in on this computer? Normally the directory for the desktop is: C:\users\USERNAME\desktop. If you're unable to locate this, we may need to take a closer look.

Depreciation can be done globally, but it's dependent on how you'd like to set it up. Do you have information on how you would like this claim depreciated? If you'd like it to be done by a simple 'Scope' or by 'Trade' it will be fairly easy. If you'd like to do this by age (e.g. Trade with Age, or Scope with Age) it will require a little more effort if done after the claim has been written simply because the items in your claim will not have an age already applied.

To apply the depreciation you would go to the Building Estimate Cover Page (with the padlock) and select the 'Dep. Table' button. In here you'll be able to set the method of depreciation to the left, apply percentages to the right, then select 'Accept New Factors' or 'Update all Line Items in the Estimate' towards the top and select 'Done'. If you wanted to depreciate by age, you'll now want to apply an age to the line items in the estimate so depreciation can be calculated. We have a full tutorial on this process here: How to Use Simsol Depreciation Tables

Please let us know should you have any difficulties with these processes.

Regards,
    Chelsea Balderson
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. 2 Posted by Pete Juricic on 01 Jun, 2017 06:18 PM

Thank you

3. System closed this discussion on 08 Jun, 2017 06:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac