Simsol Support has Moved

Simsol's Support Center has Moved

Simsol Support is excited to introduce the new Simsol Support Center. The new Support Center provides all users of Simsol with free searchable guides and tutorials of various components of Simsol Products, a Community Forum and a place to submit tickets to our team. This portal will be updated continuously with self-help articles and solutions to trending issues users face. Check it out by going to simsolsoftware.freshdesk.com!

Read our Blog Post

Couple of things that would help.....

Jacob Koehn

05 Feb, 2014 09:45 PM

The diagramming piece is a large improvement from the first interation that was created, but it still has a long way to go to catch to the rest of the programs that are on the market.

The diagramming piece... It would be nice that I could actually create a room in the diagram area of the program and then import that back into the scope to work on. Right now the only way that I can create an area is to put the diminsions in the scope area and then import them into the diagram portion, which has limits (there is no way to create a 1/2 wall, diagnal wall, or special ceilings when creating an area). Creating a room in the scope screen is very labor intensive, and if the windows/doors are not exact between adjoining rooms the whole thing is shot. I would like to be ablet to manipulate the created room in the diagraming section of the estimate.

Also, why does the name of a room, which is created in the diagramming portion, not stay populated when I hit the tab key to advance my cursor to enter the deminsions of the room? Why are there no arrows within the diagramming portion of the program? It would be nice to have an arrow already created within the program.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jacob Koehn

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris on 05 Feb, 2014 11:46 PM

Jacob,

Thank you for contacting Simsol support and thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions.

Due to numerous Xactimate patents, no estimating software will be able to offer a feature that allows scope related information to be transposed from the diagram area to a scoping area.

As you pointed out, Simsol's answer to this was reverse engineering this process. With our SmartSketch feature, the user can dimension all of their areas and once complete, they can then import these areas directly into the SmartSketch component. This allows the user to then easily recreate their floor plan by way of the smart points.

The feature has some limitations and it is definitely an ever-evolving organism as it stands right now but we are confident that continued exposure and suggestions by users such as yourself that we have a very valuable tool here.

I will look into tabbing feature as stated in your last paragraph, not entirely sure if I follow that without actually looking at it.

Regards,
    Ron Murray

2. Chris closed this discussion on 06 Feb, 2014 02:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac