H/C Door in new price database

ross

15 Jun, 2016 05:44 PM

Has there been any discussion about changing the pricing structure for a prehung hollow core door in the new pricing database? Everyone has gotten so used to doing it the old way that we are having issues with NFIP returning claim files for revision because of the change in the door casings.

They have gotten so used to looking at it the old way, they can't quite seem to figure out the new way. We are having to print the specifications on the line items to show them that the price does not include casing.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris on 16 Jun, 2016 04:52 PM

Ross,

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. I forwarded your question along to our President, John Postava, I have included his answer below:

We removed all casing trim from doors because some of the old databases “prehung” units came with casing trim and others did not. Adjusters were not able to consistently know when to add casing trim and when not to. We made the decision to remove all casing trim from all doors (prehung or not) so users simply have to look at doors as “ala carte”. Prehung doors come with only their jambs. Casing trim must be selected for both sides of the door.

Additionally, NFIP\NFS\Torrent reviewers are now all but mandating the spec info be included for files as-is.

I hope this answer helps a bit with regard to your question. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
    Ron Murray
    Director of Support

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, SERVICES, AND OTHER INFORMATION FOUND ON THESE SITES. SIMSOL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL ON ANY OF SIMSOL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.

2. System closed this discussion on 23 Jun, 2016 05:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac